Registration and Back to School Information
Danbury ISD Online Registration opens Monday, June 15 for Pre-K, Kindergarten and ALL new students to the district (1st grade - 12th grade).
More information about Back to School and Online Registration will be posted on 6/12/2020 by 5:00pm.
Check back on this Information Page!
To Qualify for Pre-Kindergarten, the child must be four years old on or before Sept. 1 and meet one of the following criteria:
- Limited English Proficient: be unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Educationally Disadvantaged: eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Foster Care or Previously in Foster Care: Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) Placement Authorization Form 2085, Court Order, or DFPS Letter of Verification required.
- Homeless: children who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence and/or who are sharing housing with others due to the loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason may qualify. Student Residency and Assistance Questionnaire (SRQ) required.
- Military Families: the child of a parent who is an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority
- Military Families: the child of a parent of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Star of Service Award: is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, firefighter or an emergency medical first responder.
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION
- State Certified Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record -all dates must be complete with month/day/year
- Child's Social Security Card
- Picture ID of the parent/guardian enrolling child
- Proof of Residency
Proof of Residency Requirements are below. Must have one of the following:
Mortgage statement from the last 60 days
Lease agreement from the last 60 days
Legal affidavit regarding a sublease
Legal affidavit from a landlord affirming tenancy
Temporary Residency Affidavit updated with driver license submitted within 35 days
Section 8 Agreement
Utility bill from the last 60 days
Utility work order (for a new resident)
We do NOT accept cell phone, cable, or insurance bills. Termination notices are not accepted. If a family is sharing housing and does not pay rent under temporary residency, the family shall submit a utility bill in the name of the person who owns or leases the property, and must complete a residency affidavit.
General Pre-Kindergarten FAQs from the Texas Education Agency can be accessed from the link below.