Education Foundation Grants
Innovative Teaching Grants
Guidelines for Grant Applications
Innovative Teaching Grants are designed to encourage, facilitate, recognize and reward innovative and creative instructional approaches to the accomplishment of program objectives. The Danbury ISD Education Foundation (DEF) is offering teachers and administrators the opportunity to apply for grants to support innovative programs or projects to support higher levels of student learning. The grants must enhance student academic performance and support the objectives, goals, and initiatives of the Campus Improvement Plan.
Persons Eligible to Apply for Grants:
Individuals or teams of individuals employed by the Danbury Independent School District who are involved in the instruction of students.
Instructional approaches or projects designed to begin during the spring 2015 or fall 2015 semesters and which meet the selection criteria. Grants may fund instructional and classroom materials, parent involvement programs, or any activity or material which supports higher levels of student academic achievement.
Award of Funds:
The grant awards very each season based on the amounts raised in the current semester time frame. Previous awards have ranged from $500 - $10k. If you have questions about the specific amounts currently offered please contact the Education Foundation with this link to their contact page.
- The degree to which the grant supports the District goals and the Campus Improvement Plan and is specifically designed to address an area of need substantiated by data.
- The degree to which student academic performance is emphasized.
- The degree to which sound evaluation procedures are incorporated in the proposal.
- The degree to which the proposal represents a creative or innovative approach to the accomplishment of objectives. Funds are not typically available for recurring programs/projects. (The proposal should address a new project as opposed to one accomplished or under way.)
- The degree to which the proposal is clear and logical, including (a) specificity of objectives; (b) clarity of description of instructional procedures, methods or treatments; and (c) correspondence among evaluative procedures, objectives and treatments.
Grant Applications should be submitted to the DEF electronically.