In Danbury ISD, we are proud of our schools and welcome visitors. In order to protect the security of our students and staff and the learning environment at our schools, visitors must adhere to the following guidelines:
- All visitors to campuses must report to the school office, present government issued photo ID, sign in, state reason for being on campus and obtain approval from the principal or designee.
- All visitors to school campuses shall wear a visitor name badge provided by the school office.
Visitors who wish to disseminate information to students or staff must comply with district board policies.
- Visitors may not recruit for fund-raising activities, religious groups, youth groups or political causes when visiting school campuses in accordance with this policy.
- Clergy and other representatives of religious organizations (ministers, rabbis, imams, priests and the like) or youth group representatives may visit with their congregants and have lunch with them, but shall not use the visit to proselytize to others.
- Media representatives shall arrange visits to school campuses with the District's Communications Department at the central Administration Building.
- Visitors must wear appropriate attire when visiting district schools. [Policy FNCA]
- A request for a parent and/or others to visit a classroom must be approved by the teacher and the principal. Approval shall be subject to the classroom activities scheduled for the day of the requested visit and must be conducted in accordance with district policies.
- Due to privacy issues, videotaping in the classroom by parents is not permitted. Exceptions shall be granted only by the superintendent or designee.
- Visitors who fail to comply with any of these guidelines and/or district policies may be prohibited from visiting the school and other District Facilities.