Health Services Homepage
GENERAL SCHOOL HEALTH GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION
ILLNESS AT SCHOOL Children should only be in school when they can fully participate in their educational program. Under state and local Health Department regulations, if your child has certain medical conditions, he/she must be excluded from school for a period of time.
- Fever (100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher) - or any condition that presents with a fever must be kept home until they are fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever suppressing medications.
- Vomiting - must be vomit free for 24 hours.
- Diarrhea - must be kept home until diarrhea free for 24 hours without the use of diarrhea suppressing medications.
- Conjunctivitis - (bacterial and/or viral) must be kept home until physician permission has been given to return to school or until symptom-free.
- If your child is diagnosed with any illness, please let your child's campus know through the front office or school nurse.
Healthy Schools Newsletter - September 2021