Student and Parent Resources
District communication during an emergency or bad weather.
- When we have facts to communicate to you, these will be relayed via Skyward email, the DISD website, and the DISD Facebook page.
- Please understand communication may be delayed as we focus on the safety of the students and staff. With this in mind, please be prepared to wait for official district communication.
- In the event of a weather-related school closure, communications will be made by the same means. Closure decisions are made based on data provided to the district by Region 4 and area meteorological contacts.
Emergency Contact Update Request Form
Homecoming Parade Info
Procedures for Reporting Allegations of Bullying
Request for Student Records
School News App
Student and Parent Complaints/Grievances
Verification of Enrollment (VOE) Requests
Visitor Information and Volunteering
In Danbury ISD, we are proud of our schools and welcome visitors. In order to protect the security of our students and staff and the learning environment at our schools, visitors must adhere to the following guidelines:
- All visitors to campuses must report to the school office, present government issued photo ID, sign in, state reason for being on campus and obtain approval from the principal or designee.
- All visitors to school campuses shall wear a visitor name badge provided by the school office.
Visitors who wish to disseminate information to students or staff must comply with district board policies.
- Visitors may not recruit for fund-raising activities, religious groups, youth groups or political causes when visiting school campuses in accordance with this policy.
- Clergy and other representatives of religious organizations (ministers, rabbis, imams, priests and the like) or youth group representatives may visit with their congregants and have lunch with them, but shall not use the visit to proselytize to others.
- Media representatives shall arrange visits to school campuses with the District's Communications Department at the central Administration Building.
- Visitors must wear appropriate attire when visiting district schools. [Policy FNCA]
- A request for a parent and/or others to visit a classroom must be approved by the teacher and the principal. Approval shall be subject to the classroom activities scheduled for the day of the requested visit and must be conducted in accordance with district policies.
- Due to privacy issues, videotaping in the classroom by parents is not permitted. Exceptions shall be granted only by the superintendent or designee.
- Visitors who fail to comply with any of these guidelines and/or district policies may be prohibited from visiting the school and other District Facilities.
Voluntary Student/Athletic Accident Insurance Plan
Want a Great Way to Track School Events?
....the Calendar of Events is the Answer
Don't Miss Anything!
....the Calendar of Events sends reminders
Check out the Calendar of Events on this site. This easy-to-use tool:
- provides up-to-date school activities and events
- allows you to view and print a daily, weekly or monthly list of calendar events
- includes a search option to find a specific event
- sends you e-mail reminders for events you select