Senior Class and Graduation Information
Graduation Dress Code
Graduation Dress Code
- If wearing a dress, it must be a simply styled dress that does not show through nor extend below the gown.
- No spaghetti straps or strapless dresses.
- Wear a collared dress shirt (may be short sleeved) where a tie is preferred, but not required.
- If wearing dress trousers or slacks, they must be black or brown and worn with a collared shirt (may be short sleeved).
- Wear dark colored dress shoes, flat sandals, or wedges. High heels/tennis or casual shoes are NOT permitted.
- Facial hair must be neatly groomed.
- All other dress code requirements remain in effect.
**Jeans or denim material is not permitted for any graduate.**
Guidelines for decorating graduation caps:
- No decorations containing any of the following:
- Anything obscene, profane, vulgar or lewd
- Symbols, advertisements, initials, abbreviations, words, slogans, patches or pictures that refer to drugs or controlled substances, tobacco, alcohol, weapons or be of a sexual nature
- Denote an affiliation with gangs or which advocate drug use, violence, illegal activity, or disruptive behavior which is detrimental to the safety and welfare of other students.
- Noisemakers, bells, whistles, etc.
- Only the flat, top area of the cap may be decorated. Nothing can be hanging from the sides.
- Decorations must be flat on the surface. 3-D creations are prohibited.
- No blinking lights, nothing battery operated.
- Decorations should be securely fastened so they will not come off during the ceremony.
Danbury High School Graduation Ceremony Information
Prior to the ceremony
We are excited to announce that Danbury High School will be hosting our graduation ceremonies at Humber Field on May 26th, 2023 at 7:30 pm. We will open the gate to the stadium for families at 6:30 pm.
Graduates will be asked to gather in the gym starting at 6:30 pm. They will need to enter the doors closest to the gym. Only students will be allowed into the main high school building.
Parking will be available in the Danbury High School stadium parking lot, across Panther Drive in the small parking lot, along Shell Rd, and on Avenue F. We ask students to park in the small parking lot across Panther Drive and Parent/Visitors park in the stadium parking lot, along Shell Rd, and on Avenue F.
During the Ceremony
The ceremony will start promptly at 7:30 pm on Friday, May 26, 2023.
Graduation is a joyous occasion for the seniors and their families, and we want it to be celebrated with proper dignity and decorum. The ceremony is an honor and a privilege given to the Senior Class and will be conducted in a dignified manner. The school reserves the right to remove any student from the ceremony due to behavior. Out of respect for Danbury High School, the Class of 2023, and guests in attendance, you must act accordingly. Please make certain that we keep the focus on the graduating class as a whole. Do not behave in a manner that takes the attention away from other graduates. Refrain from blowing air horns during the calling of the names. Our request for a dignified ceremony can only happen with your cooperation.
Please note that we will issue official diplomas for students after graduation during the summer. Diplomas will be available for pick up from the Danbury High School Front Office Wednesday, May 31, 2023 - Thursday June 8, 2023, from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM (noon). The office will be closed on Fridays. After June 8, 2023, appointments will need to be made to pick up diplomas. You will need to bring your school ID or driver's license.
Alternate “Rain” Plan
Historically, rain has not been an issue on graduation day and we hope this year is no different. We will do what we can to proceed with outdoor ceremonies as normal on May 26, 2023. In the event there is torrential rain, the graduation ceremony will be conducted with a limited number of guests in the elementary school cafeteria. 7 tickets will be provided to each graduate and only guests in possession of a ticket will be allowed to attend.